Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Never Too Much 4-H

We are nearing exhaustion, but the excitement keeps us going. Grace is taking 11 4-H projects, plus fashion revue. Will is entering 2 Mini 4-H projects. I didn't expect the time required for the activities in the books of some of her projects, so doing them these last 2 weeks has nearly burnt us out. But we don't have any regrets.

Today is day 2. All of the home ec stuff is behind us, and blue ribbons on all. Cookies baked, scrapbook completed, cake decorated (actually a foam one!). Skirt sewed and modeled. The gal in charge of fashion revue was in fashion revue with me years ago! Her sister, my former club leader, was also helping. A couple other fellow former 4-Hers also had 4-Hers of their own with mine! It's fun! We won't find out the results of fashion revue until the public show Sunday night of the fair at 6PM. There were only 4 entries in first year sewing! That's VERY low! I hope that more sewers join next year. Maybe Will will want to make some shorts or a duffle bag.

Here's Grace in her outfit. The skirt is the part that she made.



Tomorrow is only arts and crafts which includes painting and drawing (for Grace it's drawing), and Gift Wrapping. That one was fun and practical as she had to make her own bow.

I think this is a very boring post. I also have no consistency in my posts. Some are stories, some more like a journal entry, some just a recap of the day. There's no 'some' about it, I think this is maybe entry #4?

I'm off to put Grace's drawing into a frame. Tomorrow we have to finish assembling a Forestry poster supposing the leaves are dry and a Photography poster supposing we can come up with 3-4 more pictures with variety! Then it's all downhill from there.

3 comments:

  1. Everyone I know with kids in 4h is talking about how exhausted they are...Bailey's starting mini-4h this year, now I'm nervous, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will LOVE it! And can forego exhaustion by starting early and not taking more projects than you want to handle. Mini 4-H has very little to it, so that will ease you in! It's the best program I've ever known. Hey, will you even be in Tippecanoe County?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, I will be in the White County 4h. My neighbor and her mom will be Bailey's group leaders. B is super excited, she's already listing off all the stuff she wants to do (apparently I'm going to have to buy a farm, lol).

    ReplyDelete