Saturday, June 27, 2009

Moms Don't Wear White

"You're a magnet for dirt." My mom frequently said that to me. My first piece of white clothing was my wedding dress.

My children often have dirty fingers, and they touch me a lot. It's not always dirt on their fingers, but things that are not dirty, like raspberries, chocolate, or paint. So, even as an adult, I don't wear much white.

Today I chose to to break through my fears and wear some white shorts from way in the bottom of my drawer. I called for all the children to go to the van for our trip to town, so I had then automatically created a clean forcefield around myself. I walked out the door with my small pile of things to put in the van including the dustbuster I wanted to store in there (Dirt Magnets need lots of these).

As I was walking to the van, the bottom half of the dustbuster came loose. All of the dirt, dust, fireplace ash, and who-knows-what-else took residence on the entire front of my white shorts.

I guess my magnetic force is as strong as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment