Monday, October 5, 2009

Sad News

I'm posting the e-mail I sent because I am closely e-connected to people whom I don't have e-mail addresses for.

This is all too familiar to me, but once again, we'll be given the strength we need. I'm sorry to send bad news via e-mail, but I'm sure you understand we're not going to make that many phone calls and don't want to leave any of you unknowing.
Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

At 18 weeks again, we've lost a baby. I heard a strong heartbeat only 5 or so days ago. I had a scheduled ultrasound today and we were shocked to not find the heart beating. There was nothing on the ultrasound to indicate what caused it. The doctor will order every test possible to figure this out that wasn't performed last time, as it's my 5th consecutive miscarriage, 3rd in or near the second trimester.
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Matt and I will go to Home Hospital in Lafayette tonight at 7PM where labor will be induced. Dr. Hoversland said that it can take hours or days (even 4 or more) for the Cytotec medicine to start labor. We just have to stay in the hospital and wait. It is safe for me to stay pregnant and wait to labor and deliver naturally, but that could be weeks or months, so I chose the induction. Last time I was induced at 18 weeks it took less than half a day for labor to start, then 5 hours of labor. It's nearly as physically painful as the real thing, but lacking emotional motivation, so please pray for my strength. And for Matt's, it's hard on him, too.
Psalm 30:5
Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

I didn't intentionally leave anyone off of this e-mail. Feel free to forward it as necessary. I don't have very many e-mail addresses since my laptop went defunct earlier this year.

Stephanie
----------------------------------

4 comments:

  1. Like I said on FB, please let me know if you need anything. If you need some company after you deliver the baby or anything at all, just let me know. (I know of course that you probably want to be alone with Matt, but I just want to let you know I'm more than willing to come if you need it!) Many many prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie. You're right, being alone with family is easier. A couple months later when I am ready to get my mind away from it, I'll need the friends to help me with that! Please continue to be open about your pregnancy with me. I love to share in the joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie -- I'm so, so sorry to read this. I will be praying for you, your baby, and your whole family. Please let us know if you would like us to arrange for meals for you at some point.

    ReplyDelete